by Dr. Julia Gonen, N.D
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Salad
Calories per serving: 498
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 16 oz Chicken Breast
- 3 cups Pineapple (sliced into rings)
- 6 cups Baby Spinach or Romaine
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- ½ cup Feta Cheese (crumbled or cubed)
- ½ cup Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup Pistachios
- Add ¾ of the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper to a small mason jar. Shake and set aside.
- Preheat grill on medium heat. Brush both sides of each chicken breast with the remaining olive oil and season with salt, pepper and any other spices you like.
- Place pineapple slices and chicken breasts on the grill. Grill the chicken about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, flipping halfway. Cook pineapple slices until grill marks appear, about 3-6 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, toss together greens, blueberries, avocado, feta and red onion in a large bowl. Chop pineapple into chunks and chicken into strips. Add to salad. Toss in dressing and pistachios. Divide into plates and enjoy!
No BBQ? Use an indoor grill. Grill pineapple slices for 10-15 minutes or until soft. No indoor grill? Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Vegetarian? Skip the chicken and grill chickpeas or grilled fish in a grilling basket instead.
Tired of Spinach? Switch up the greens! Try romaine or baby kale instead.